Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Blue Moon Oasis


Last week we had the pleasure of enjoying a July blue moon.  Despite the extreme rain that day, the moon peaked out from the clouds dressed in a crystal blue aura when I arrived home later that night.  I was so grateful to spend a few minutes connecting with her beautiful light.  Since I was a child, I have loved looking up at the night sky.  Its silent, nurturing presence serves up a soothing elixir at the end of a busy day.  Whenever I take a moment to check in with the moon, my mind immediately surrenders and my awareness becomes fully centered in the heart.  I found it so ironic to be standing on a New York City street corner, experiencing this inner peace despite all the noise from the bars and traffic.  

These moments I take to look up at the moon and breathe with gratitude have cultivated an inner oasis where I can let go and connect with who I truly am no matter how my day has gone.  They provide a reminder that no matter how harsh and chaotic the outer world may seem, underneath all of it is an infinite oasis of inner peace, joy, love and gratitude one can access 24/7.  

It is so easy to get caught up in and carried away by the doing of life – “should do,” “have to do,” “if I don’t do” – that we forget the physical world is just a microscopic fragment of reality.  There is a vastness within and it’s only when we quiet the mind that we can enter that special oasis.  This is the space where inspiration and a sense of wonder exist.  It is where compassion resides and healing takes place.  It is where that sense of oneness with everything creates the ultimate state of bliss.  The more often we give ourselves time in this space, the more we can embody love, compassion and grace in our daily lives, gently softening the rough edges of the things that stress us and weigh on our hearts.  Taking just a few minutes each day to connect with the energies of one’s unique inner oasis can produce significant and profound shifts in one’s daily life, and the easier it becomes to slip in and out of that oasis anytime, anywhere.  



No comments:

Post a Comment